By William Dominik,Jon Hall
- A consultant to Roman rhetoric from its origins to the Renaissance and beyond
- Comprises 32 unique essays by means of top overseas scholars
- Explores significant figures Cicero and Quintilian in-depth
- Covers a extensive variety of issues equivalent to rhetoric and politics, gender, prestige, self-identity, schooling, and literature
- Provides feedback for extra analyzing on the finish of every chapter
- Includes a word list of technical phrases and an index of right names and rhetorical concepts
Read Online or Download A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar rhetoric books
Normal0falsefalsefalseEN-USX-NONEX-NONESince the 1967 riots that ripped aside town, Detroit has often been seen both as a spot in ruins or a city at the verge of rejuvenation. In electronic Detroit: Rhetoric and house within the Age of the community, writer Jeff Rice is going past the idea of Detroit as easily a urban of 2 rules.
This quantity facilities at the phrases and reports of academics and scholars who used QUILL -- a software program package deal built through the authors to assist in writing guide. It seems intimately on the tales of those early clients and considers questions appropriate for different academics, scholars, researchers, and builders of academic thoughts.
How acts of violence are rhetorically "managed" through social activities: within the Wake of Violence explores the instant and long term aftermath of violence dedicated through autonomous radicals all for single-issue pursuits. Cheryl R. Jorgensen-Earp explores numerous particular incidents in contemporary history—the arson of a Vail ski hotel via environmentalists, the homicide of Dr.
In Repurposing Composition, Shari J. Stenberg responds to the expanding neoliberal discourse of academe throughout the feminist perform of repurposing. In doing so, she demonstrates how strategies trained by means of feminist praxis can repurpose present writing pedagogy, evaluation, public engagement, and different dimensions of writing schooling.
- A Theory of Argumentation (Studies Rhetoric & Communicati)
- Towards a Poetics of Creative Writing (New Writing Viewpoints)
- Rhetoric in Byzantium: "Papers from the Thirty-fifth Spring Symposium of Byzantine Studies, Exeter College, University of Oxford, March 2001 ... for the Promotion of Byzantine Studies)
- Creative Composition: Inspiration and Techniques for Writing Instruction (New Writing Viewpoints)
- Popular Stories and Promised Lands: Fan Cultures and Symbolic Pilgrimages (Studies Rhetoric & Communicati)
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Rhetoric (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by William Dominik,Jon Hall