By David Herman
- Includes an summary of contemporary advancements in narrative scholarship
- Provides an available creation to key techniques within the field
- Views narrative as a cognitive constitution, form of textual content, and source for interpersonal communication
- Uses examples from literature, head to head interplay, picture novels, and picture to discover the middle gains of narrative
- Includes a thesaurus of key phrases, complete bibliography, and accomplished index
- Appropriate for a number of audiences, together with scholars, non-specialists, and specialists within the field
Read or Download Basic Elements of Narrative: What's the Story? PDF
Best rhetoric books
Normal0falsefalsefalseEN-USX-NONEX-NONESince the 1967 riots that ripped aside town, Detroit has normally been seen both as a spot in ruins or a city at the verge of rejuvenation. In electronic Detroit: Rhetoric and house within the Age of the community, writer Jeff Rice is going past the suggestion of Detroit as easily a urban of 2 principles.
This quantity facilities at the phrases and reviews of lecturers and scholars who used QUILL -- a software program package deal constructed via the authors to assist in writing guide. It seems to be intimately on the tales of those early clients and considers questions proper for different academics, scholars, researchers, and builders of academic suggestions.
How acts of violence are rhetorically "managed" via social activities: within the Wake of Violence explores the rapid and long run aftermath of violence dedicated through self sustaining radicals interested in single-issue activities. Cheryl R. Jorgensen-Earp explores numerous particular incidents in fresh history—the arson of a Vail ski hotel through environmentalists, the homicide of Dr.
In Repurposing Composition, Shari J. Stenberg responds to the expanding neoliberal discourse of academe throughout the feminist perform of repurposing. In doing so, she demonstrates how strategies educated through feminist praxis can repurpose present writing pedagogy, overview, public engagement, and different dimensions of writing schooling.
- Techniques of Close Reading
- Cold War Rhetoric: Strategy, Metaphor, and Ideology (Rhetoric & Public Affairs)
- Reclaiming Poch@ Pop: Examining the Rhetoric of Cultural Deficiency (Latino Pop Culture)
- Rhetoric and Communication Perspectives on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault: Policy and Protocol Through Discourse (Routledge Studies in Technical Communication, Rhetoric, and Culture)
- Retention, Persistence, and Writing Programs
Additional resources for Basic Elements of Narrative: What's the Story?
Basic Elements of Narrative: What's the Story? by David Herman