By Lizy Kurian John,Lieven Eeckhout
Following a basic assessment of significant functionality research recommendations, the publication surveys modern benchmark suites for particular components, comparable to Java, embedded structures, CPUs, and internet servers. next chapters clarify how you can decide on applicable averages for reporting metrics and supply an in depth remedy of statistical tools, together with a precis of information, easy methods to practice statistical sampling for simulation, find out how to follow SimPoint, and a accomplished review of statistical simulation. The dialogue then turns to benchmark subsetting methodologies and the basics of analytical modeling, together with queuing versions and Petri nets. 3 chapters dedicated to functionality counters finish the book.
Supplying plentiful illustrations, examples, and case reports, functionality assessment and Benchmarking bargains a company beginning in assessment equipment in addition to up to date recommendations which are essential to increase next-generation architectures.
By Giovanni De Micheli,Luca Benini
This booklet is the 1st to supply a unified review of NoC know-how. It contains in-depth research of all of the on-chip conversation demanding situations, from actual wiring implementation as much as software program structure, and an entire category in their numerous Network-on-Chip techniques and solutions.
* modern examine from world-renowned specialists in academia and with cutting-edge expertise implementations/trends
* An built-in presentation now not presently on hand in the other book
* an intensive advent to present layout methodologies and chips designed with NoCs
By Bronis R. de Supinski,Stephen L. Olivier,Christian Terboven,Barbara M. Chapman,Matthias S. Müller
This publication constitutes the lawsuits of the thirteenth overseas Workshop on OpenMP, IWOMP 2017, held in Stony Brook, new york, united states, in September 2017.
The 23 complete papers awarded during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 28 submissions. They have been prepared in topical sections named: complex Implementations and Extensions; OpenMP program experiences; studying and increasing Tasking; OpenMP four software review; prolonged Parallelism types: functionality research and instruments; and complex info administration with OpenMP.
By Jason D. Bakos
Embedded platforms: ARM Programming and Optimization combines an exploration of the ARM structure with an exam of the amenities provided through the Linux working procedure to provide an explanation for how quite a few positive aspects of software layout can impression processor functionality. It demonstrates equipment through which a programmer can optimize application code in a fashion that doesn't influence its habit yet improves its functionality. a number of functions, together with photograph alterations, fractal new release, photograph convolution, and desktop imaginative and prescient initiatives, are used to explain and display those tools. From this, the reader will achieve perception into desktop structure and alertness layout, in addition to achieve sensible wisdom within the zone of embedded software program layout for contemporary embedded systems.
- Covers 3 ARM guideline set architectures, the ARMv6 and ARMv7-A, in addition to 3 ARM cores, the ARM11 at the Raspberry Pi, Cortex-A9 at the Xilinx Zynq 7020, and Cortex-A15 at the NVIDIA Tegra K1
- Describes tips on how to absolutely leverage the amenities provided by means of the Linux working process, together with the Linux GCC compiler toolchain and debug instruments, functionality tracking help, OpenMP multicore runtime surroundings, video body buffer, and video catch capabilities
- Designed to accompany and paintings with many of the within your budget Linux/ARM embedded improvement forums at present available
By Shuangbao Paul Wang,Robert S. Ledley
This e-book presents the basics of desktop structure for safeguard. It covers quite a lot of desktop undefined, procedure software program and knowledge suggestions from a safety viewpoint. it truly is crucial for machine technological know-how and safeguard pros to appreciate either and software program safeguard ideas to outlive within the workplace.
- Examination of reminiscence, CPU structure and approach implementation
- Discussion of machine buses and a dual-port bus interface
- Examples hide a board spectrum of and software program systems
- Design and implementation of a patent-pending safe laptop system
- Includes the most recent patent-pending applied sciences in structure security
- Placement of desktops in a safety fulfilled community environment
- Co-authored by means of the inventor of the fashionable Computed Tomography (CT) scanner
- Provides site for lecture notes, protection instruments and most recent updates
By Rob Williams
Computer platforms Architecture provides the topic in a revolutionary, incremental demeanour, bottom-upwards. beginning with electronic good judgment and laptop undefined, relocating during the layers of software program and prime directly to an creation to the sphere of networking and working platforms. It adopts a realistic, hand-on technique, drawing upon components of pupil curiosity and adventure (the net, Pentium processors, GUIs, cellular communications) to stimulate the reader's enthusiasm for the topic. all through, process functionality is analysed as together depending on and software program good points. useful routines exhibit this primary point of hardware/software interaction.
Computer platforms Architectureis intended as an creation within the first 12 months to the topic for collage scholars in machine technological know-how and similar classes. it truly is deliberate as a two-semester introductory direction in networked desktops passing via electronic good judgment, peripheral undefined, layers of software program, networking, and working systems.
By Mohit Arora
By Angeliki Kritikakou,Francky Catthoor,Costas Goutis
By David Atienza Alonso,Stylianos Mamagkakis,Christophe Poucet,Miguel Peón-Quirós,Alexandros Bartzas,Francky Catthoor,Dimitrios Soudris
By Riko Radojcic
This e-book provides a practical and a holistic evaluate of the microelectronic and semiconductor expertise suggestions within the submit Moore’s legislations regime. Technical tradeoffs, from structure right down to production approaches, linked to the 2.5D and 3D integration applied sciences, in addition to the enterprise and product administration issues encountered while confronted through disruptive expertise thoughts, are offered. insurance incorporates a dialogue of built-in gadget producer (IDM) vs Fabless, vs Foundry, and Outsourced meeting and try (OSAT) obstacles to implementation of disruptive expertise options. This e-book is a must-read for any IC product staff that's contemplating getting off the Moore’s legislations music, and leveraging a number of the More-than-Moore expertise suggestions for his or her subsequent microelectronic product.