By Conrad G. Keyes Jr.,Michael P. Fahy,Berrin Tansel
Concentrate administration in Desalination: Case experiences reports the state-of-the-practice for handling focus streams due to desalination strategies. focus administration and disposal in desalination pose environmental and price concerns—and usually ascertain no matter if a desalination undertaking is attainable, specially for inland groups. This record examines many aspects of focus administration in desalination, together with strategy layout and configuration, regulatory atmosphere, environmental concerns, and monetary assessment of tasks. Twelve case reviews are provided to illustrate varied strategies for taking out concentrates linked to the next forms of initiatives: 0 liquid discharge (ZLD) and near-ZLD disposal; discharge to oceans and bays; deep-well injection, land software, and evaporation ponds; and discharge to sanitary sewers or floor waters.
Environmental engineers and bosses answerable for the layout, operation, examine, and overview of nearby desalination and water reuse amenities will discover a wealth of sensible info during this report.
Read or Download Concentrate Management in Desalination: Case Studies PDF
Similar hydrology books
Colloids are identified to be the customarily ignored part for the delivery of toxins in aquatic ecosystems. The publication covers the fundamentals of abiotic colloid characterization, of biocolloids and biofilms, the ensuing delivery phenomena and their engineering points. the topic is gifted from a global crew of best experts dedicated to colloidal sciences.
1. 1 basic Framework In such a lot arid and semi-arid nations, water source administration is an argument that's either vital and arguable. so much water assets specialists now recognize that water conflicts aren't attributable to actual shortage yet are generally as a result of bad water administration (Rosegrant et al.
This e-book introduces the concept that ethics are an intrinsic measurement of any water coverage, software, or perform, and that figuring out what ethics are being acted out in water regulations is key to an realizing of water source administration. therefore in controversies or conflicts over water source allocation and use, an exam of ethics can assist make clear the positions of conflicting events as guidance for positive negotiations.
This e-book analyzes an important geohydrological facets of the San Jorge Gulf Basin (Chubut and Santa Cruz provinces, Argentine Patagonia), with a specific concentrate on the actual and hydrodynamic features of the approach. found in 1907, the San Jorge Gulf Basin used to be the 1st petroleum and gas-producing basin in Argentina.
- Les territoires de l'eau potable: Chronique d'une transformation silencieuse (1970-2015) (Update Sciences & technologies) (French Edition)
- Radionuclides and Heavy Metals in Environment: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop Om Monitoring and Man-Made Radionuclides and Heavy Metals ... 3-6 October 2000 (Nato Science Series: IV:)
- Coupled Dynamics in Soil: Experimental and Numerical Studies of Energy, Momentum and Mass Transfer (Springer Theses)
- The Geochemistry of Stable Chlorine and Bromine Isotopes (Advances in Isotope Geochemistry)
- Mineral and Thermal Waters of Southeastern Europe (Environmental Earth Sciences)
- Involvement of Fluids in Earthquake Ruptures: Field/Experimental Data and Modeling
Extra info for Concentrate Management in Desalination: Case Studies
Concentrate Management in Desalination: Case Studies by Conrad G. Keyes Jr.,Michael P. Fahy,Berrin Tansel