By Jim Wilson
- From an eminent writer comes a publication to help you create attractive apps that dynamically adapt to person machine characteristics
- The simply publication that incorporates the newest fragment-oriented positive aspects and their position in fabric design
- This ebook presents code-intensive discussions and specified examples that assist you comprehend greater and research faster.
Today's clients anticipate cellular apps to be dynamic and hugely interactive, with wealthy navigation beneficial properties. those related apps needs to glance superb even if working on a medium-resolution telephone or high-resolution pill. Fragments give you the toolset we have to meet those person expectancies by means of allowing us to construct our functions out of adaptable elements that make the most of the wealthy features of every person gadget and instantly adapt to their differences.
This booklet appears to be like on the influence fragments have on Android UI layout and their position in either simplifying many universal UI demanding situations and in offering most sensible practices for incorporating wealthy UI behaviors. we glance heavily on the roll of fragment transactions and the way to paintings with the Android again stack. Leveraging this figuring out, we discover numerous really expert fragment-related periods comparable to ListFragment and DialogFragment. We then move directly to speak about how you can enforce wealthy navigation positive aspects reminiscent of swipe-based monitor looking, and the position of fragments while constructing purposes that reap the benefits of the newest facets of fabric Design.
You will research every little thing you want to supply dynamic, multi-screen UIs inside a unmarried task, and the wealthy UI beneficial properties demanded by means of brand new cellular users.
What you are going to learn
- Learn the position and functions of fragments
- Use Android Studio's fragment-oriented features
- Create an app UI that works successfully on smartphones and tablets
- Manage the production and lifestyles cycle of fragments
- Dynamically deal with fragments utilizing the FragmentTransaction class
- Learn the applying layout for speaking among fragments
- Leverage fragments while imposing purposes that benefit from the most recent gains of fabric Design
About the Author
Jim Wilson is the President of JW Hedgehog, Inc., a consulting company focusing on suggestions for the Android, iOS, and Microsoft systems. He has over 30 years of software program engineering adventure, with the previous 15 years seriously excited by growing cellular gadget and location-based recommendations. Jim cofounded a number of software-related startups and has served in a consulting position at a number of extra. After approximately a decade as a Microsoft machine program improvement MVP, he now specializes in constructing Android and iOS gadget applications.
Jim's ardour is mentoring software program builders. he's a typical contributor of Android, iOS, and Xamarin education fabric at Pluralsight (http://training.jwhh.com), a number one supplier of on-line developer education. Jim has authored greater than 30 articles on gadget program improvement and has served as a contributing professional on cellular software program improvement matters for numerous media outlets.
Jim and his spouse, in addition to a number of cats, cut up their time among occasion, Florida (just 3 miles from Walt Disney global) and Weirs seashore, New Hampshire. you could look at his weblog (http://blog.jwhh.com) the place he talks a few number of cellular software program improvement matters in addition to the adventures of a lifestyles break up among the busy zone of the "House of Mouse" and the quietness of NH's lakes and mountains.
You can achieve Jim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- Fragments and UI Modularization
- Fragments and UI Flexibility
- Fragment lifestyles Cycle and Specialization
- Working with Fragment Transactions
- Creating wealthy Navigation
- Fragments and fabric Design
Read Online or Download Creating Dynamic UIs with Android Fragments - Second Edition PDF
Similar computer engineering books
Degree two times, minimize as soon as. even though acceptable to all parts of human elements examine, the outdated adage is principally proper to simulation and coaching. As a device, simulation is an reduction to the mind's eye, even though, if incorrectly or inadequately used, it could bring about misguided results that not just restrict the chances yet most likely reason damage.
Functionality research of Queuing and laptop Networks develops uncomplicated types and analytical tools from first ideas to judge functionality metrics of assorted configurations of desktops and networks. It offers many ideas and result of chance conception and stochastic procedures. After an creation to queues in desktop networks, this self-contained publication covers very important random variables, equivalent to Pareto and Poisson, that represent versions for arrival and repair disciplines.
Corporations and businesses of any variety embedded in contemporary fiscal atmosphere are deeply depending on their skill to participate in collaborations. hence, it really is strongly required for them to get actively concerned for his or her personal gain in rising, most likely opportunistic collaborative firm networks.
It's the moment exact complete colour e-book at the strongest CAD/CAE-system Marc of MSC software program company (USA). Is built the method of 3D-modeling the technological techniques of processing the blanks and acquiring the main points after a forming on instance of common operation within the undefined: the deep drawing of axisymmetric and box-shaped information taking into consideration the hardening, anisotropy and springback of clean at processing.
- Collaborative Design for Embedded Systems: Co-modelling and Co-simulation
- Low-Voltage Low-Power CMOS Current Conveyors
- Digital Signal Processing Fundamentals (The Digital Signal Processing Handbook, Second Edition)
- Verification of Communication Protocols in Web Services: Model-Checking Service Compositions (Wiley Series on Parallel and Distributed Computing)
Extra info for Creating Dynamic UIs with Android Fragments - Second Edition
Creating Dynamic UIs with Android Fragments - Second Edition by Jim Wilson